(1) The following optional subjects are offered under B.Ed.Degree Programme in Government/Government Aided/Self-Financing Colleges Of Education.
|Tamil/UrduUrdu in self-Financing Colleges only)
|Physical Science (Physics)
|Physical Science (Chemistry)
|Biological Science (Botany)
|Biological Science (Zoology)
(i) Subject codes 01 to 10 : The requisitc qualifications for admissions to these subjects in UG Degree in the relevent subject with not less than the percentage marks stipulated in Item II (ix) here in.Candiadates shall not claim eligibility based on percentage of marks obtained in the PG degree,When they are not having the minimum percentage of marks in UG Degree as stimulated in item II (ix);
(ii) Subject codes 11 to 19 : The requisitc qualifications for admission to these subjects is PG Degree in the relevent subject with not less than 50% marks,subjects to the condition that the major subject in the UG and PG degrees shall be one and the same.
(iii) Subject codes 14 to 19 : The subjects indicated in these subject codes and urdu not offered by the Government and Government Aided Colleges of Education.
(2) Actual optional subjects offered in each college and number of seats available will be notified in the DCE website or at the Counselling Centre.
(i) (a) Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelors's Degree and /or in the Master's Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanity,Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specification in science and the Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto,are eligible for admission to the programme.
(b) The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3(15) or 11+1+3(15) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education/ Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of school Education at the secondary/Higer secondary Educational level
(iii) Candidates who have passed the UG or PG degree under Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC Examination and one year of Pre-University Course(P.U.C) examination or 10+2 pattern of School education examination are not eligible for admission,even if they subsequently qulaify in 1 year SSLC and one year PUC or 10+2 pattern of school Education Examination.
(iv) Candidates ,who have passed any degree under Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission.
(v) Candidates ,who have passed under four year Dual Degree Programme with two major subjects under part III are not eligible for admission.Candidates. who have qulaified the P.G Degree in the subjects in Subject codes 11 to 19 with not less than 50% of marks are eligible for admission,subject to the condition that the major subject in the UG and PG Degrees shall be one and the same.
(vi) Candidates, who have qualified the PG Degree in the subjects on the Subject Codes 11 to 19 with not less than 50% of marks are eligible for admission,subject to the condition that the major subject in the UG and PG Degrees shall be one and the same.
(vii) Candidates,who have qualified the P.G Degree (5 year integrated course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission.In such cases,the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years(in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone)of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree programme for subject codes 01 to 10.The marks obtained by the candidates in the last two years(4th & 5th year) alone shall be taken into account for admission to B.Ed.Degree programme for subject codes 11 to 19
(viii) Equivalent Subjects
(a) Candidates ,who have done their UG degree in Applied Mathematicscan apply for Mathematics
(b) Candidates,who have done their UG degree in Applied Physics,Geo-Physics,Bio-Physics and Electronics can apply for Physical Science.
(c) Candidates,who have done their Ug degree in Applied Chemistry can apply for Physical science.
(d) Candidates,who have done their UG degree in Bio-Technology,Plant-Biology and Plant Bio-technology can apply for Biological Science.
(e) Candidates,who have done their UG degree in Environhmental Science and Micro-Biology can apply for Biological Science.
(f) candidates,who have done their UG degree in Applied Geography can apply for Geography.
(g) Candidates,who have done their UG degree in computer Science,Information Technology and Computer Application can apply for Computer Science.
(h) Post Graduate candidates in Economics,Commerce,Home Science,Political Science,Sociology,Psychology,Philosophy,Logic and Indian Culture with not less than 50% (irrespective of their UG marks) of marks in Pg Degree or in the interdisciplinary subjects,which are being decalred equivalent by the respective University can apply.
(i) Candidates,who have done their PG degree in Nutrition and Dietetics are eligible to apply for Home Science.
(j) Candidates,who have done their UG degree in the school subjects are eligible for admission to B.Ed.however,those who have done the UG in the subjects for which equivalence is not covered under this G.o., shall have to obtain an equivalence certificate for the respective subjects from the concerned University to consider their admission to the B.Ed. degree programme.
(k) Candidates,who have done their UG llevel without language Tamil or Indian Languages under Part-I and are awarded degree with English and Main subjects concerned will be considered for admiision to B.Ed. subject to the condition that they have to qualify in Tamil Language Test conducted by the TNPSC for the purpose of employment.
(l) Candidates who have done their Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics or any other qualification equivalent thereto,are eligible for admission to B.Ed. degree programme (Physical Science,Biological Science,Maths and Computer Science).
Candidates,with the following marks in the UG Degree are eligible for admiision to B.Ed degree programe with subjects in subject Codes 01 to 10. The marks obtained in UG Degree alone shall be taken to arrive the eligibility even if they possses PG Degree in the same subject.For the subjects in Subject codes 11 to 19,PG Degree with not less than 50% marks is mandatory and the subject in UG and PG shall be one and the same.
(a) Marks obtained by the candidates in the UG Degree Course Part-III/IV Major and Allied including Practical [Tamil/Urdu,English,Mathematics,Physical Science(Physics),physical Science(chemistry),Biological Science(Botany),Biological Science(Zoology),History,Geography and Computer Science] alone shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks mentioned above.Marks obtained under Part-V subjects shall not be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks.If the candiates possess PG degree in these subjects weightage of marks will be given as mentioned herein under item 'V 2(i)' only for arriving rank.
(b) Marks obtained by the candidates in the PG Degree[Home Science,Economics,Commerce,Political Science,Sociology,Psychology,Logic,Indian culture and Philosophy] shall be considered eligible for admission,but weightage marks will not be given as mentioned herein under intem 'V 2(i)'.
(c) To arrive at above percentage of marks,the marks obtained by the candidates in Major / Ancillary / Allied subjects (Part III & IV) including practical alone shall be taken into account.
(d) For the students who have done their Bachelors Degree in Engineering of Technology,the marks obtained in their Degree shall be taken into account.
(e) Rounding of marks to the next higher integer shall not be permitted.
(f) The candidates who are qualified in UG degree under Open University System after passing 10th std and +2 examinations shall alone be considered for admission to B.Ed degree programme.
(g) The candidates who are qualified in UG degree under Open University System without passing 10th std and +2 examinations and subsequently passing 10th and +2 examinations are not eligible for admission to B.Ed. degree programme.
(x) Candidates,who have passed PG degree in Economics,Commerce,Home Science,Political Science,Sociology,Psychology,Philosophy,Logicand Indian Culture without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education are not eligible for admission.
(xi) In the case of Differrently abled (Physically and Visually challenged) candidates,aminimum passs in the requisite qualification is enough.
The basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the University/ Government of Tamil nadu Guidelines for admisssion to B.Ed. degree programme in force from time to time.
(1) Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to BC,MBC/DNC,SC and ST communities will be made as per the rules and regulations of the Government of Tamilnadu,as follows.
(a) In the 18% for Scheduled Castes(SC), 3% of seats will be offered to Arunthathiyars(within the seats of SC)
(b) Scheduled Tribes(ST)-1%
(c) Most Backward Classes (MBC) and Debotified Communities(DNC)-20%
(d) In the 30% of Backward Classes(BC),3.5 % of seats will be offered to Muslims (within the seats of BC) and
(e) Open Competition(OC)-31%
(2) Admission to every College of Education shall be made strictly by following the rule of reservation as per law in force including the Management quota scats of Non-Minority Aided Colleges.
(3) For the Wards of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin,one seat will be reserved in each college of Education.
(4) 3% of the sanctioned strength will be reserved for Differently abled (Physically and Visually challenged) students in each College of Education.Additionally,5 seats are exclusively alloted for Visually Challenged candidates in each of the two IASEs and five Government Colleges of Education.
(a) Allocation of seats in the Colleges of Education.Seats in the Colleges of Education are grouped into the following categories.
(i) Seats in Government Colleges of Education (100% of seats Government quota)
(ii) )Seats in Government Aides Colleges of Education (50% of seats in Aided Minority Colleges and 90% of seats in non-minority Aided Colleges as Government quota)
(i) Accurate information about the percentage of marks is essential.the candidate is totally responsible for any incorrect information and incorrect percentage of marks
(ii) candidates are advised to take a Xerox copy of the coding sheet and fill up all the information correctly before filling the original coding sheet.
(iii) A candidate needs to submit only one application for B.Ed., Course seeking admission to Government Aided Colleges of Education.The Cost of application is RS. 500/- In the case of SC/ST candidates the cost of application is Rs .250/- on production of attested Xerox copy of the Community Certificate.The cost of application must be paid either in cash or in the form of Demand Draft drawn from any Nationalised Bank/Scheduled Bank in favour of "The Secretary,Tamil Nadu B.Ed. Admission,Chennai",payable at chennai.
(1) (i) Last date for receiving the filled in application in person or by post will be notified in the advertisement.
(ii) Application not received on or before the due date,not in the prescribed form,not correctly filled up or do otherwise fulfill the terms of the instructions will be considered defective and a reliable for rejection without notice.The candidates alone is responsible for any delay in receipt of application sent by post.No correspondace will be entertained in this respect.
(iii) Candidates will have to produce all the Original Certificates at the time of counselling for verification and admission or at any other time as required by the authorities.Selection will not be made if they do not produce the relevant documents at the time of counselling for verification.
(2) (i) The Candidates belonging to Tamilnadu only will be considered for communal reservation.Candidates seeking admission against SC,SC Arunthathiyars ST/MBC/DNC/BC Muslim,BC others quota should obtain the Certificate of Social Status in the prescribed permanent Community Certificate / Card of Tamilnadu and that should be produced at the time of Counselling.
(ii) The ST Candidates should obtain the Community Certificate only from the Revenue Divisional Officer(RDO) of their native place or Collector of their District.
(3) Candidates have to send the filled in applications (coding sheet) along with the community certificate as 'loose sheet' to "the Secretary", Tamilnadu B.Ed Admissions. Lady Willindon Institute of Advance Study in Education ,Chennai -600 005."
(1) The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/PG Degree examination.
(2) (i) Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their rank.Based on the rank and communal reservations,allotment will be made to the college and optional subjects that are available in the respective college at the time of counselling.Candidates other than SC/ST have to submit a Demand Draft for Rs.2000/- and Rs.1000/- in case of Tamilnadu SC/ST Candidates as "Initial Payment" drawn in favour of "The Secretary,Tamil Nadu B.Ed. Admission,Chennai",at the time of counselling.Candidates should produce all original certificates when they come for counselling.
(ii) Once the candidate is alloted a seat,the amount of Rs.2000/- for other communities and Rs.1000/- in case of SC/ST in (Tamilnadu) already paid at the time of Counselling will be adjusted towards the tuition fees has to be paid to the respective alloted college.
(3) (i) The date,time and venue of the counselling will be intimated to the individual candidates by post and through the press / media.No request for change of date / time of counselling is permissible.
(ii) Candidate will not be considered for selection if he/she fails to (i) report at the specified time and date for counselling,(ii)bring all the certificates in original.
(iii) The candidates have to join the colleges to which they are alloted within the time notified in the Admission order,failing which,the seats will be deemed to have fallen vacant.No request for reconsideration of admission thereafter shall be entertained.
(4) The provisionally selected candidates in the counselling wil be directed to report for admission to the institution specified in the admission order.Candidate has to report within the specified date with all the certificates in original and must be ready to remit the fees as directed in the alloted college.
(5) The provisional selection of the candidate will be cancelled,if he/she fails to i)report within the specified time limit at the alloted college,ii)Produce original certicates,iii)Remit the fees required to be paid at the college and such alloted scat will be filled by other candidates as per ranking list.
(1) (i) The percenatage of marks obtained by the candidate in major and ancillary or allied subjects (both in theory and practical)in all three years in the UG degree will be taken as the base mark for ranking for subject codes 01 to 10.
(ii) Candidates,who have taken more than one main subject in Part III(under Double/Triple major system) of UG Degree programme(Subject codes 01 to 10) Should have to choose only of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional subject only.In Such cases,marks obtained by the candidates in Two/three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks as stipulated in item II(ix).
(iii) The percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in the P.G Degree will be taken as the base mark for ranking for the Subject Codes 11 to 19,Subject to the condition that the major subject in the UG and PG Degrees shall be one the same.
(iv) Candidates , who have qualified in the P.G Degree (5 year integrated course)under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission.In Such cases,the marks obtained by the candiadtes in the first three years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone)of the course alone shall be taken into account for admisssion to the B.Ed.Degree programme for subject codes 01 to 10.The marks obtained by the candidates in the last two years (4th & 5th year)alone shall be taken into account for admission to B.Ed. degree programme for subject codes 11 to 19.
(v) In case of determination of inter-se-merit of candidates with same marks in the ranking,final ranking of candidates will be declared from the following,in the order of merit.
(a) Marks scored by the candidate in the Major subject.
(b) Marks scored in Allied-II subject
(d) By random method
(vi) Common and community wise rank list shall be maintained to each optional subject separately.
(2) (i) Weightage for the highest qualification in relevant subject will be given as follows and added to the base mark for Ranking.However minimum marks mentioned in the Item II(ix) is mandatory for subject codes 01 to 10 and not less than 50% of marks for subject codes 11 to 19.
(a) Candiates with PG(except subjects codes 11 to 19, since PG Degree is the requisite qualifiation for admission to B.Ed Degree is the reqisite qualification for admission to B.Ed. Degree) -4(four)marks
(b) Candidates with M.Phil.-5(five) marks
(c) Candidates with Ph.D. -6(six)marks
(ii) The higher qualification for which weightage will be given should be in the same subject studied as the main subject in Part III of the UG Degree and preferred as optional subject in the B.Ed Programme.
(iii) Weightage of 3(three) marks for participation in any one of the following co-curricular activities will be added
(a) NSS Certificate[with two years enrolment in NSS and with minimum seven days participation in the Special Camp at the College(UG degree) level alone will be considered]
(b) NCC B or C Certificate at college(UG degree) level]
(c) Sports(Should have represented the colleg(UG degree)at State/National level)
The details provided by the cnadidates for admission shall be accurate based on the original certificates available with them.The candiadte is totally responsible for any incorrect information and incorrect percentage of marks and such cases shall be summarilly rejected.
Candidates selected will have to submit a certificate of physical fitness obtained from a Government Civil Surgeon / Civil Assistant Surgeon within the specified date,otherwise his/her selection will be cancelled.